> Kouchibouguac National Park
||186 Route 117,
Tel: (506) 876-2443
Welcome to this special Canadian Heritage protected area. One of two wilderness Canadian national parks in New Brunswick, Kouchibouguac is a fascinating mosaic of bogs, salt marshes, tidal rivers, sparkling freshwater systems, sheltered lagoons, abandoned fields and tall forests which characterizes the Maritime Plain Natural Region. Natural wonders abound in this Park that boasts the second largest tern colony in North America. As well, the 25 kilometres of shifting sand dunes are home to the endangered piping plover and witness to colonies of both harbour and grey seals that frolic in the sunshine on certain sections of the dunes.
The name Kouchibouguac (Kou-she-boo-gwack) is of Mi'kmaq origin and means river of the long tides. Established in 1969, this 238 square kilometre national park provides a host of exciting family activities. The 60 kilometres of cycling paths are always popular with both hikers and cyclists.
Canoeing/kayaking, swimming, camping, bird watching, as well as cross country skiing, snowshoeing and tobogganing in winter are also available in this natural land of enchantment located on New Brunswick's eastern coast line.
Map showing location of Kouchibouguac National Park
Places near by Kouchibouguac
- Kouchibouguac ( approx 2 km )
- Kouchibouguac National Park ( approx 5 km )
- Saint-Louis-de-Kent ( approx 5 km )
- St. Louis ( approx 8 km )
- Petite-Aldouane ( approx 8 km )
- Camerons Mill ( approx 9 km )
- Saint Charles ( approx 10 km )
- Richibucto-Village ( approx 11 km )
- Richibucto ( approx 11 km )
- Aldouane ( approx 12 km )
- Upper Rexton ( approx 13 km )
- Rexton ( approx 13 km )
- Acadieville ( approx 13 km )
- Redmondville ( approx 15 km )
- Pointe-Sapin ( approx 15 km )
Kouchibouguac National Park, Kouchibouguac, New Brunswick, Canada contact information, including address, telephone, email, and website link ( where applicable ) is provided by Select Inns of Atlantic Canada for your convenience. Please get in touch with Kouchibouguac National Park directly for additional information about accommodations, rates and polices and to reserve your vacations.